Game On: From Storage Shed to Hangout
You've always wanted the perfect place to watch the game with your buddies. Unfortunately, the living room isn't always available, and it'd be great to have some privacy for yelling when your team scores! Even better, a place where it won't matter if you spill nacho cheese dip on the floor.
Any kind of addition to your home costs money, but have you considered converting a storage shed into the perfect man cave? Pre-built sheds come in different sizes and price points, but you're sure to find something that will accommodate your needs.
Once you've acquired your shed, or are ready to work on the shed you already have, here are a few pointers to get you started:
- Hang a large flat-screen TV on the wall. It won't take up much space and will give you the ultimate viewing area to watch the game!
- Use wall-mounted speakers in each corner to give your new hangout the best in surround-sound.
- Consider installing a bar in the back so you can serve drinks to your friends, and you have somewhere to put the snacks
- Used sofas and chairs are usually fairly cheap at Goodwill or other thrift stores. Consider furniture that is easily cleaned, like most outdoor patio chairs and tables.
- Christmas lights illuminate the room without being too harsh and are easy to hang.
Depending on where you live, you'll want heating, air, and ventilation. Remember that the place will warm up once several people are in the room, but you'll still want some kind of heat source if you live in a cold climate. If you live somewhere warm, look into portable air conditioning units that can be set into a window. Ventilation is important regardless of where you live due to mold and mildew, so make sure there is a way to circulate air in your new retreat.
Now you're ready to invite the guys over to celebrate your new digs and enjoy the game!